The applicant will be responsible for completing a Draft "Application & Permit for Sewer Connection" and pay the $800 deposit at the beginning of the review process ( If plan check and inspection costs do not exceed this deposit amount, any unused portion will be separately refunded to the Applicant. Conversely, if the plan check and inspection costs exceed this deposit amount, the deposit will have to be increased accordingly).
A drawing must be provided that shows sanitary sewer connections to the mainline in the street. This drawing will reference East Palo Alto Sanitary District Standards, and will provide:
- Information on both the upstream and downstream existing sanitary sewer manholes and any manholes adjacent to the project site (rim elevations/invert elevations/pipe sizes).
- The proposed lateral locations, sizes, materials and slopes (2% min).
- Finished Floor (F.F.) elevations for the structure .
- The location of any existing laterals that are not being utilized for the new project, and a note directing the contractor to cap these laterals at the sewer main. Existing laterals that are to remain in use shall be "TV'd" (video taped and inspected) prior to acceptance of the connection.
- Information on the sewer clean-outs for each of the laterals (per EPASD standard details).
Provide the East Palo Alto Sanitary District with the property class (i.e. single-residential, multi-residential, commercial, recreational, etc.). For all property classes other than single residential, provide the average number of people who will use the facility daily, the estimated daily sewerage flow (average and peak) and/or number of residential units on-site.
The applicant will be responsible for paying fees associated with the Sewer Permit (i.e. Connection Fee, Inspection Fee and Permit Fee) prior to occupancy of the site.
Additional requirements may be applied upon review of the project documents.
If you have any questions regarding this process call East Palo Alto Sanitary District at (650) 325-9021.