- Ask a plumber about preventative maintenance on problem sewer lines.
- Call EPASD if you have any questions about your sewer line
- Obtain a permit from EPASD if you need to make a lateral repair.
- Use only a licensed contractor to make necessary repairs
- Recycle oil, paint, and other toxic materials at a recycling center.
- Remember that storm lines, streets, sidewalks and trees in public rights-of-way are maintained by cities
- Say hi to us when you see us on the street flushing or televising, and please if driving, slow down!
- Don’t put grease, butter, ghee, lard, coffee grounds or egg shells down drains or in garbage disposals.
- Don’t plant a tree directly over your sanitary sewer lateral. Roots can lead to Sewer lateral problems in the future.
- Don’t flush Sanitary napkins, disposable wipes, or disposable diapers down the toilets
- Don’t put old or unused prescription medicines down the toilet or drains.